Today is a very special Fulfilled Friday because it is Matt’s birthday week! So to break from tradition, I’ve included 5 things that not only inspire me, but remind of Matthew also. I know, we’re so cheesy! But I’m okay with it. I hope you enjoy and have a fulfilled Friday full of love and happiness!
1. This Jane Goodall Quote – Some of you may know that Jane Goodall’s birthday was April 3rd, very close to Matthew’s! I enjoy this quote because it hones in on what we both try to do on a daily basis.
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
The woman has an incredible number of impactful quotes. Check them out here if you’re in need of inspiration.
2. Finding Ultra by Rich Roll – Matt first turned me onto this book my senior year of college, and it eventually impacted my entire life. The way I thought, the way I felt, the way I expressed myself were all changed by reading this book. I’m grateful to Matt for encouraging me to ready it and helping me along the transition to who I am today.
3. The Beautiful City of San Francisco – Growing up in California, it’s weird to think that San Fran reminds me of Matt. But the truth is, I had never really explored the city in my memory as much as I did two Christmases ago when we went with my parents. We had so much fun and often talk about going back someday.
4. This hilarious Casey Neistat video – Seriously. Just watch it. And check out some other Casey Neistat videos also (I recommend “Make It Count”). Matt’s a huge fan and we’ve had some wonderful self-discovery watching Casey’s videos.
5. Because I just can’t resist – Have your tissues ready. This reminds me of Matthew in so many ways.